Dream #105 - Lake Project
Dream #105
"Barefoot Pedro always on the trail!"
Last April, I decided to launch Lake Project, another humanitarian adventure to make a difference in the world around us and counteract the wave of violence and intolerance we are witnessing today.
I've decided to come out of retirement and fight for what I believe in again… Despite the physical ailments that plague me, I wanted to dream again and help others. I wanted to generate empathy and use the time I've been given to leave a legacy of peace, justice, and altruism.
On April 25th, on the date that celebrates the 11th anniversary of the earthquake of Nepal, I departed from the headquarters of the International Olympic Committee in Lausanne, Switzerland, and ran 180 km without sleep around Lake Geneva. With an extra obstacle… the last 42.2 km of the course, the distance of a marathon, I did them barefoot.
I am passionate about Olympic history and, with this effort, I intended to raise €10,000 to help five charities and also honor Abebe Bikila, the Ethiopian athlete who won the Olympic Marathon in Rome in 1960, running barefoot.
The five institutions I wanted to help represent a huge source of inspiration in their efforts for a better world: They are: Dreams of Katmandu (Nepal), APAV (Portugal), Corro Pela Maria (Portugal), Mundu Nobu (Portugal) and EMI-Afrika+ (Cameroon).
In the end, through a lot of pain and effort, and with the support of dozens of people that joined to help... all together... WE DID IT!! We completed the challenge and more important than that we were able to collect more than two times the proposed goal: 20.313,69€, or in other words, 4062,74€ for each one of the proposed associations.
In Dreams of Kathmandu, we applied this value in the education of many of the children we already been supporting in these last years.
- 515€ for materials, uniforms, shoes and other expenses of Sapana Gurung, Salome Pariyar and Lok Badahur from Sharadas Shelter.
- 500€ for the rent and japanese course expenses of Tenzing Sherpa.
- 300 € for the Scholarship of Alya Sherpa.
- 300 € for the Scholarship of Urgen Sherpa.
TOTAL: 1615€
The remaining 2447,74€ were used to pay for school fees of the children of Sharadas Shelter and they will be presented in Dream #106.
Thank you all for your support!
#lakeproject













Comentários
Enviar um comentário