Dream #19

Dream #19
When you have a dream there are no limits.
When you have a dream, you become powerful.
When you have a dream, you engage the others.
Dreams make the world move forward!
One month ago, I, Pedro Queirós, went back to Nepal and decided to make one of my dreams come true: to climb Island Peak in the Himalayas, a mountain with 6200 meters.
And because I didn’t wanna climb alone, I created a fundraise campaign to help one of our most dear projects in Nepal, the Sharadas Shelter Center.
I called the campaign EVERY KID DESERVES A HOME.

Basically, and as we mentioned before in this blog, the new building for the 15 children needed several funds to be completed. The situation became even more urgent, when the landlord said they had to leave their old house on the 30th April!! So, I decided I could not stand and wait for a miracle. I needed to do something to help these children.

The campaign Every Kid deserves a Home was a huge success.
For 12 days, between 14th and 26th April 2019, I climbed in the Himalayas and reported everything on Facebook to the donators. The goal was to fundraise 3000€ to complete the construction of the building. In the end the fundraise results were 4200€!!


3000€ were applied in painting, electricity, plumbing, doors, windows and other final details.





The destination of the remaining 1200€ will be reported later in this blog.
Thank you so much to everyone who believed and donated. Keep following our projects in our blog and get involved. There is still so much to do!! You can contact us in pedro_queiros@hotmail.com and ghazalvaziri@gmail.com

Comentários

Mensagens populares